Car: (approx 22
miles from HW)
From High Wycombe take the M40 eastbound towards London. Exit at junction 1 and head towards Uxbridge. Follow the signs for Uxbridge (A4020). Hayes is about two miles along this road. Look for the Adam and Eve pub alongside the shops on the left and then turn right into Church Road directly opposite. The ground is on your right after approx 500 yards.
Hayes & Harlington is the nearest station (approx 1 mile south of ground). This is served by trains from London Paddington and Reading. Turn right outside the front of the station and walk through the shopping area to the end of the pedestrianised area. Turn left into Botwell Lane a continue into Church Road. The ground is on your left.
for specific times and connections of trains.
Chairboy Connections with The Missioners
Several players have
played for both Clubs
- Welsh Amateur International in the early 1970's. Made 120 appearances during two spells at Wycombe.
- Midfielder who
played as a 19 year old for Wycombe and then later in the mid 1960's
for Hayes and Harrow Borough before moving onto Wimbledon. Has since managed the Dons
and several other Football League clubs.
- Legendary central defender for Wycombe who had a spell at Hayes towards the end of his football career.
- Popular goalkeeper for Wycombe after joining from Hayes in the summer of 1991. Left Wycombe in 1996 and has since played for Leyton Orient and Dover Athletic
- Moved into pro football from Hayes to West Brom in 1977. Played for Wycombe at the tail end of his career during season 1993/94.
- Striker who moved to Wycombe in 1969 and scored 124 goals in 249 apps to become another legend at Loakes Park. Shocked Wycombe fans during the summer of 1971 when he joined Hayes but within two weeks of the start of the season was back in Wycombe colours. Scored many memorable goals including a dramatic later winner against Dagenham in May 1975 to clinch the Isthmian League title.
- Not only played for both clubs but also had a short spell as Wycombe Manager during the 1987/88 season. Best remembered for his time with Blackpool.
- Popular robust midfielder who played for both clubs in the 1980's. Has since gone on to manage Windsor and Eton.
Other player connections include; Bobby Davies, Dave Bullock, Mick Keilly, Bobby Hatt, Hakan Hayerettin, Chuck Moussaddik (now Martini), John Reagan, Kevin Tilley, John Richardson & Rob Williams
Also: Former Wycombe Manager Jim Kelman played for Hayes in the 1970's. Kelman managed Wycombe between 1988-1990 and brought Dave Carroll and Steve Guppy to the club.
Several former Wanderers Youth Team players have moved on to play for Hayes. These include Matt Hodson, Ben Hodson, Aaron Patton, Peter Holsgrove and Jason Roberts.
Do you know any more connections? Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for details of
previous meetings between Wycombe and Hayes >>>